Our focus is TNR, however, working on the streets means we often come across cats who are injured, have been dumped or simply not coping well with life on the streets. We do not have a shelter so such cases are extremely challenging and solely dependant on finding foster homes - we always need more foster homes!
Adopting A Cat - a big commitment
Before you even view our cat adoption gallery please read through the below points. Our rescue cats have generally been through a lot, now they need a forever home with the right person for the rest of their lives. We do not want to put you off, our cats are desperate for homes but it must be the right home.
- Cats can live up to 20 years old, can you commit to a cat for that length of time?
- Can you afford the veterinarian bills? In an ideal scenario kitty only needs spaying/neutering and thereafter yearly vaccinations, however, this isn't always the case. Vets bills can easily mount up and not all countries offer pet insurance.
- Do you have any other pets and how will they react to a new cat?
- If/when you leave Qatar, can you afford the cost to relocate your cat with you?
- Is your current residence suited to the cat you’re considering and are pets allowed according to your contract?
- How will your social life or work obligations affect your ability to care for a cat?
- Do you have a plan for your new cat during holidays and/or work travel? Can you afford the boarding/cat sitter costs?
- How do the people you live with feel about having a cat in the house? The whole family must be on board with this decision.
- Are you (or your spouse, partner or roommate) intolerant of hair, litter trays and other realities of sharing your home with a cat?
- Do you or any of your household/family members have health issues that may be affected by a cat?
- An initial interview to access suitability.
- Initial home visit.
- Copy of your ID.
- An adoption fee - set by the rescuer but will be a minimum of QR 500. If old enough all cats are neutered prior to adoption. If adopting a kitten, proof of neutering will be required when they are old enough.
- Follow up home visit 6 months later.
- All household members must visit with the cat and be in agreement before the adoption can be finalised.
If you have read the above points and still feel you can offer a cat the perfect home, click on the Adoption Gallery to meet our cats!